Saturday, May 19, 2012

Gunwales and Joe

Hey, do you know Joe? Joe Hegge? I just had to ask since he seems to know people all over the place. Anyhow he stopped in to haul a load of stuff for us.

While he was about i finished up the gunwales.
The best thing about building things is that its never over. So i continued on. The second gunwale was way easier than the first. I felt all warm and fuzzy when it was over but my hands were shot all to hell. I don't know how my hands as calloused as they are get such horrible blisters. Ah well bite a hole in them and try not to bleed on everything.
Once everything is attached its back to my old friend the belt sander, that thing needs a name.
I feel like i have made a boats worth of dust in this project, glad to have the mask.

Now we need to get the interior fixed up and painted. But before i could get to that this happened.
And then i got the interior painted.
I hate this paint, stinks and is nasty. Next time i am going to find something better.

1 comment: