Saturday, March 5, 2016

It has been a while.

Well, its hard to believe it has been almost seven months since my last post. I have a really good reason, becoming a father creates some really hectic times. Anyhow this is Elsie, she is the one making my life interesting right now.

She looks a lot older these days and I'm sure she will make it into some of these posts as we move further towards the water season here in Montana.

After having my oars stolen on the Yellowstone I thought perhaps they would turn up before the winter set in, they never did. The replacements work great and I was able to put quite a few miles on them before I switched them out for skis. They are currently napping in the basement.

Winter arrived with a bang then went elsewhere. The first storm of the season has been by far the best. Its tough to stay hopeful this late in the game but we still could get some more snow. With temperatures outside getting close to the mid fiftys I have begun to thing about putting the spring coat of pine tar on Florence's gunwales. I don't want to miss high water on the Yellowstone.

As we head into the spring I am polishing off the construction drawings for Enki, you will remember her from these blog posts. Higher capacity, lower wind profile, shallower draft, and a better deck layout make her a step up from Florence.


As you can see the build plan is just a rough outline(a blurry one to boot!), as I polish it up you will be able to find it here in the blog. So enjoy the end of the winter, boating is just around the corner.

2 comments:

  1. Mark - Good to see you back - I was wondering what had kept you so busy. Any plans for the get togethers in Vida or Wilson this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to make it to both Vida and Wilson this year but its not going to happen. I am gonna try and do as many trips as possible this summer considering the new addition. This means lots of trips on the Yellowstone. I think I am going to make it to the Smith, Madison, and a little of the Colorado as well.

      Or other things could happen and who knows where I might end up. Great to hear from you!

      Delete