Sunday, July 8, 2012

Jobless in Seattle

Being unemployed is stupid, but it helps to have a project to keep your mind sharp and to stave off boredom while looking for work on Craig's List.

The last I posted on any work going on the drift boat Florence I had put the majority of her decking in place. Upon arrival here in the sunny North West I started finishing the project by completing the decking. The passenger foot well, rowers foot well, and the little piece that goes on against the transom all had to be cut and installed.


Than I urethanned the gunwales and painted the decking. I have not cut  the openings for the hatches yet, still unsure of exactly how I want to do that.

That finished  made some bad ass oar blocks out of oak to fit nicely into the gunwales, these were really fun to make but without a band saw they took some time.

So here we are, I would like to have her finished for a test float on the lake for the Fourth of July, well see about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment