Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Tip Tops

After a week of this...
and some of this...

I finally got around to a little of this.

I had gotten a few pieces of antique tongue and grove so i decided to put them to good use. I first planed them down to get the smegma  removed.Then i laminated them onto a sheet of plywood and cut the whole thing square. 

I thought the oak i had would make excellent edge trim, durable for protecting the much softer t&g.

The joinery was really fun.

Pull it all apart and glue it back together.

Then poof! Table top finished. Now what to do for legs.

With all this going on  (scraping and planeing)  my mind wandered to the next little thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment