I don't remember where this idea came from. Some evening alone this fall made me decide that i wanted to incorporate lighting into my art. So i thought about it, puttered on the web, then a week or so ago i began playing with LEDs.
After some basics i was able to put together the guts for micro stage lighting.
Digging back into last falls sketches i picked one that was simple to cut out, colorful, and something i could see in several layers.
After some fiddling i ended up with the image cut out, borders penned in, design penciled, and LED wired. I initially wanted to light the image with a spot style directly onto the leaf in the lower center. Next i tried using a ping pong ball as a defuser.
This produced a great background light. White tests done i went for the simple crayon color option.
Here is a background light in color.
Spot in color.
Well that's where i am with this. More to follow...