Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Arlington Fly-in!!!

For those of you that don't know this about me I'll explain. I love airplanes. My dad is a pilot and that has kept me around them my whole life.

This being said for years now (ten-ish) I have listened to my dad talk up the Arlington WA Fly-In. If you don't like things that turn gas into noise and flight than you may not understand why flight nuts spend days walking flight lines in the blazing hot sun risking sunburn and the pestering of the Civil Air Patrol just to look at a bunch of machines that they can't afford. I'll tell you why, flight is cool. If you are not dumbstruck by how far aviation has come since December 1903 your an ass.

Anyhoo... Here are some highlights of the show, including a plane i would like to build some day the Just Aircraft Highlander.

 I love bush tires.
 Got to love pearlesent paint.
 Bush Caddy, Duh.
 MMMMMM Turbo.
 Hinges and wire, gets it done.
 This one, i want this for me!!!
 And this,
 And this!!
 The ass end of a B-17, they were not screwing about.
 No Step!
 Looking through the belly pod on the B-17.
 If you know what this is on a B-17 your doin' good.
 I wonder who was more scared the boys flying or the Germans on the receiving end.
 Not a Yack!
 Tiz a sexy thang.


 The Pirate's installed upside down, note the exposed rocker arms, so cool.


 You gotta love polish.
 A 150 with a sense of humor.
 POW!
 Avgas + Big Radial + Smoke Oil = Woo Hoo!
Up and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment