Sunday, July 8, 2012

Paint

In order to launch Florence on the Fourth of July she needed to be dressed properly. I decided that a gray dech, black bottom, teal, blue and red sides were in order.

The first paint went onto the deck. I decided to use exterior house paint from a big box store. If you want to know more about this contact me through the blog, I don't want to advertize for these guys, but they are cheaper than marine paints.
To paint the bottom she needed to bu flipped upside down. This was done with the normal grass tarp method, hey stick with what works.
Once upside down the painting could commence!!!
As you can see the paint job only took two pictures! Finish work is super fast! (I truly hate painting, it makes everything look good but damn its time consuming.) Than back over.

Next Florence needed her name painted onto the bow. As this boat is named after my grandmother i needed to find her signature, which a old passport provided.
Than I had to create a stencil, put it onto the boat and paint over it a couple of times, once accomplished the paint was done.
Than some odds and ends, the eye bolt in the bow, hatch covers (still experimental) and some other features and ready for launch day!!




2 comments:

  1. Its a beautiful pictures shown your working is good and you fully honest with our working. Exterior house painting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My work is what it is... in retrospect i could defiantly do better, i have a new design in the works. I have a philosophy that boats should be cheap, durable, and trustworthy. House paint just seemed appropriate. If you have interest keep following the blog, i should have more up soon.
      Thanks,
      River Rat

      Delete