Tuesday, July 10, 2012

What's Next???

After the tragic loss of my last oar, a story that we will never fully tell and the successful launch of Florence you may be wondering whats next for the Stuber. Well so have I. Since Lea and I have been here we looked at our original landing spot in Bellingham and were not super impressed by job options for me.

 I had been brooding about school for a few months and was trying to decide what I should go back for when the answer literally Googled  into my lap. For this to make sense I need to go back to a time when I looked like this...


Here I am in College those heady days of pseudo hippies and the beast ice. I remember a profesor of mine at the time asking me what I wanted to do with my life and my answer was simple and still holds true today. "I want to drink beer and go boating" after he herd that answer we became good friends, turns out that beer and boats bring people together.

He and i talked a lot about life, paddling, fishing, and wooden boats. It was somewhere in here that i Yahooed wooden boat schools and found The North West School of Wooden Boat Building.  Even though I secretly wanted to head off to build boats I kept plugging away at my degree.  After graduation several states, jobs and hair cuts including a rockin' mulett, I ended up in the north western part of Washington State.
Now here wondering what to do with myself I rediscovered the North West School of Wooden Boat Building. After realizing how close we are to the school and discussing the possibility with Lea we decided that this would be a good life change, after all building boats has been a part of my life since I was eight years old.


I will be starting class October 2nd in Port Hadlock WA. In the mean time look for Florence, Lea, and I on WA and OR rivers through out the summer.

1 comment:

  1. hell yeah stuber!! rock it out. can't wait to see what the future brings for you! :)

    ReplyDelete