Saturday, March 2, 2013

What a week.

It has been quite the week, i apologize for the lax blogging but not only did we loose in the GC lotto but i was struck down with a fairly horrible stomach thing. In fact just when i thought i was better it came back with a vengeance. So i'll try and fill in some of the gaps.

Planks have been going on. As they do you will notice that the back rabbit to the bearding line has been coated with a red led substitute (the orange stuff) and Dolphinite (the vomit green stuff). The red led will help prevent the oils in the Dolphinite from soaking into the apron thus extending the life of the bedding compound. The rabbit to the back rabbit has been left raw to better except the cotton corking.

There is a hell of a lot of twist in the garbord planks. We put a small split in one of them. Ben is cutting a channel so that a spline can be glued in place to stop the split from running.

Here we have the prep work for the garboard i have been building. It takes more clamps than you would think to get the thing into place even after it has been steamed. 


Red led and Dolphinite in place time to screw this sucker down. 

As the plank goes on the clamps can be leapfrogged  down its length as the screws go in. With one of the garbords on the boat it really beginning to look like the lofting.

Just about here, after i had finished installing the garbord round two of the funk hit. It was off to bed and general misery until this morning. Hopefully next week will be better for both this blog and my gastrointestinal tract.

No comments:

Post a Comment