Tuesday, April 2, 2013

More on the IRH.


I scraffed the 6mm together today for the side panels. I don't know if i will be able to get all 4 out of two sheets but it sure would be nice.

I keep seeing people stacking weights, sand bags, tool boxes exc on scarf joints to clamp them down. I find it way easier to wax up some screws and simply screw them together. This does put holes in the panels but if your going to cover them anyway it really doesn't matter.

After putting the panels together i headed home tuned up the edges of the bottom panel and started spiling out the first broad.


 Its going to be one odd shaped panel. Hopefully i'll get them cut out tomorrow and in place on the strong back. If i have enough material i may even get the sheer strake on. I can't wait to see what the hull is going to look like!!

No comments:

Post a Comment